Some of the things I have learned from the Facebook Camper Groups I belong to. In no particular order.
- The only acceptable inverter/generator is a Honda. Anything else and you are a lesser human being. Onan only if self-contained.
- The only acceptable surge protector is a Progressive EMS. See above for your status in humanity. This is not based on experience that I have seen as yet. Only because everyone else recommends it.
- People apparently “move away from home” for the weekend, doing the same stuff they do at home only in a camper. Watch TV, watch videos, play on Facebook. Campgrounds are rated on availability of TV, WiFi and cell signals.
- There has not been a camper manufactured that is not a piece of shit.
- People spend an inordinate amount of time obsessing over a tank full of shit.
- There has not been a camper manufactured that doesn’t have a “hot water heater”.
- A sense of humor with the written word is a totally alien concept to most campers.
- Apparently, which spatula to use on your Blackstone griddle are grounds for near civil war.
More to be added as they occur to me.